From Asheville Airport:
Asheville Airport (AVL) 61 Terminal Drive, Fletcher, NC 28732, 0.4mi Turn Left onto New Airport Road, 0.7 mi Turn Left to Merge onto I-26 W toward Asheville, 9.0 mi Take Exit 31B on the left onto US-74 West towards Canton, Knoxville, 0.8 Continue onto I-40 West, 18 mi Take Exit 27 to merge onto US-74 West towards US-19, US-23, 2.1 mi Continue onto Great Smoky Mountain Expressway West, 2.0 mi Take Exit 103 onto US-19 toward Maggie Valley, Cherokee, 0.4 mi Continue
To the Cabin once arrive in Maggie Valley:
- Hwy 19/Soco Road runs through the center of Maggie Valley go through town and start heading up the hill on Hwy 19/Soco Road when you summit you will see the Blue Ridge Parkway entrance signs on both sides as well as go under an overpass (DO NOT GET ON THE PARKWAY STAY ON HWY 19/Soco Road).
- As you start to descend the hill Hwy 19/Soco Road on your Left you will see a row of community mailboxes and the Blue Ridge Parkway Motel. Turn left onto the road called Plott Balsam Road before the old gas station on the left.
- Mark your miles because it is 2.3 miles on Plott Balsam Road (gravel) until you reach Reservation Road. As you drive on Plott Balsam Road you will pass at 1/10m Spruce Flats, at 6/10m Picnic Gap, at 1 mile Cranberry Creek Rd., at 3/10m Fieldmouse Lane, 9/10m Sqawroot Trail and Yellow Jacket Circle will be on your right and Plott Blasam will bear left. Stay on Plott Balsam bearing left until you reach Reservation Road on your right at 3/10m.
- Once you reach Reservation Road you will be at a 3 way intersection again and will need to pull forward and flip your vehicle so you are facing down Reservation Road.
- Cabin is first on your left along the creek. Takes about 15-20 minutes from the center of town. Small sign “Walch Creekside” at driveway entrance.
Print the directions as your cell phones may not work at the cabin but some service may be reached at the highest plateau 1/2 mile or so before cabin on Plott Balsam road.
Lock Box Location and Code will be provided by Property Manager John Alcorn with Great Smoky Rentals upon confirmed reservation.